1. Star Tetrahedron (Merkaba) Parts 1 & 2 - 12.28
2. Divine Proportion - 10.20
3. The Infinite Pi - 10.41
4. Labyrinth - 11.20
5. The Venus Pentacle - 9.46
6. Harmony of the Spheres - 8.54
Total Time 63.30
See Comments in right column...
Haunting, soundscapes for experiencing the Infinite in the natural patterns and designs that underlie our Universe.
Sacred Geometry CD is an exploration in music, that has a deep haunting quality about it. Choir and strings meet with 'beyond earthly' sounds to make an interesting texture or soundscape as a backdrop for traversing the fundamental structures beneath our existence.
Comments by michael
Being trained in Mathematics as well as Music, and exploring the relationship between the two, it was no surprise that Geometry in some form would come into my music as an expression. Sacred Geometry is the basic belief that geometry and mathematical ratios, harmonics and proportion are also found in music, cosmology, space, time & form, and all structures whether large and small. This belief has been found even in prehistoric times and is considered by some to be a cultural universal of the human condition. By studying the nature of patterns, forms and their relationships and connections, insight may be gained into the mysteries of the Universe.
Such can be exemplified with a description of each track:
1. Star Tetrahedron - Referred to the Merkaba or two interlocking tetrahedra, where one points up and the other down. Many mystical or metaphysical phenomena have been related to this geometry, including some views from the scientific community that the tetrahedron is the prime geometry fundamental to all nature & matter.
2. Divine Proportion - this term often refers to the Golden Ratio (1.618...), a mathematical constant found in many natural systems (a well known one being the spiral in shells). However I was attracted as much to the name itself at it seemed to imply an ultimate meaningful structure or proportion that underlies the Universe.
3. The Infinite Pi - Another mathematical constant as described above and forms the basis of many geometrical computations. What I like about Pi (3.141...) is that it cannot be expressed exactly and reaches towards infinity in its definition. It is also a transcendental number with no decimal sequence that repeats. It is chaos that actually creates order.
4. The Labyrinth - Wonderful structures, Labyrinths can be thought of as symbolic forms of pilgrimage; people can walk the path, ascending toward salvation, enlightenment or to the center of all things.
5. The Venus Pentacle - Venus & the Earth relate to each other and the Sun in a 13:8 orbital resonance (for every 13 orbits of the Sun by Venus, the Earth orbits 8 times or for 8 years). In this period relative to Earth, Venus traces a Pentagram in the heavens. Viewed more widely than this it traces what is termed the 'Rose Mandala' with the Pentagram in the middle (Mercury relative to Earth forms the Star of David !). Truly fascinating stuff.
6. Harmony of the Spheres - The ancient philosophical concept that regards proportions in the movements of celestial bodies—the Sun, Moon, and planets—as a form of music. This 'music' is not literally audible, but a harmonic or mathematical and spiritual concept.